What is Grape seed extract (GSE)
Grape seed extract (GSE) is a dietary supplement made by removing, drying, and pulverizing the bitter-tasting seeds of grapes.
Grape seeds are rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids, anthocyanins, flavonoids, and oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes (OPCs).
In fact, GSE is one of the best-known sources of proanthocyanidins.
Due to its high antioxidant content, GSE can help prevent disease and protect against oxidative stress, tissue damage, and inflammation.
Note that grape seed extract and grapefruit seed extract are both marketed as supplements and abbreviated by the acronym GSE. This article discusses grape seed extract.
Here are 10 benefits of grape seed extract:
- Reduce blood pressure – GSE may help reduce blood pressure, particularly in young to middle-aged people and those who have excess weight.
- Improve blood flow – GSE has been shown to improve blood flow and reduce the risk of blood clotting, which may benefit those with circulatory problems.
- Reduce oxidative damage – GSE may help reduce your risk of heart disease by inhibiting the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol and reducing oxidation to heart tissue during times of stress.
- May improve collagen levels and bone strength – Animal studies show promising results regarding GSE’s ability to help treat arthritic conditions and promote collagen health. However, human-based research is lacking.
- Supports your brain as it ages – GSE shows potential to inhibit many of the degenerative characteristics of brain and cognitive decline. However, more human studies are needed.
- Can improve kidney function – GSE may offer protection against damage from oxidative stress and inflammation, thus promoting kidney health.
- Can inhibit infectious growth – GSE may inhibit a variety of microbes and offer protection against antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains, foodborne bacterial illnesses, and fungal infections like candida.
- May reduce cancer risk – GSE also appears to reduce chemotherapy-induced toxicity in animal studies without negatively affecting treatment. More human-based research is needed.
- May protect your liver – GSE appears to protect your liver against drug-induced toxicity and damage. However, more human studies are needed.
- Enhances wound healing and appearance – GSE creams appear to increase growth factors in your skin. As such, they may aid wound healing and help reduce the signs of skin aging.
Possible Side Effects
GSE is generally considered safe with few side effects.
Dosages of around 300–800 mg per day for 8–16 weeks have been found to be safe and well-tolerated in humans.
Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid it, as there is insufficient data on its effects in these populations.
GSE may lower blood pressure, thin your blood, and increase blood flow, so caution is advised for those taking blood-thinning or blood pressure medications.
Furthermore, it may reduce iron absorption, as well as improve liver function and drug metabolism. Consult your healthcare provider before taking GSE supplements.
GSE appears to be well tolerated. However, pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid it. Also, those taking certain medications should discuss taking this supplement with their healthcare provider.
Our Grape Seed Extract Product – Root King Grape Seed
Root King Grape Seed is the perfect combination of 3 main ingredients: grape seed, mulberry leaf, and green tea that help to enhance immune system, improve overall health and beauty the skin texture, promote healthy cholesterol level, maintain healthy blood pressure and glucose level. Studies found that taking grape seed extract increased blood levels of antioxidants. Antioxidants aid in destroying free radicals which contribute to aging and health problems such as heart disease and cancer. OPC belongs to a group of powerful antioxidant compound, are found in grape seeds, helps body produce glutathione (master antioxidant) that protects DNA and strengthens the immune system.
FOR MEN & WOMEN.
- Improve Immunity
- Promote antioxidant
- Antiaging properties
- Slow down growth of cancer cells
- Scavenging free radicals
- Grape seeds contain resveratrol
- Lower cholesterol level
- Keep skin healthy
- Protect cells, anti-cancer, destroy cancer cell
Ingredients: Grape Seed, Mulberry Leaf, Green Tea, Buckwheat, Lycopene
Packing Size: 60 + 20 tablets.
How to use: Take 2-3 times daily, 1 – 2 tablets each time.
Purchase Here >> Root King Grape Seed